**Note: Always load new firmware to the GNSS Receiver first and then the controller.**
If you are doing TS16 and CS20 these can be done at the same time if you have two SD Cards.
Loading License key
- If you need to load CCP license keys for equipment then this needs to be done prior to trying to load the latest firmware.
- For a GNSS receiver copy the license key file to system folder on SD Card and follow the same process as loading firmware below but select the load license key instead.
- For CS20 and TS instruments copy the license key to System folder on SD Card then in Captivate go to Settings/Tools/Load license keys from SD Card then ok.
**Make sure only 1 license key file is in the system folder at any one time.**
Loading Firmware to GNSS receiver
**Prior to starting: Make sure the battery is fully charged in the GNSS receiver**
- Copy the GSxxLeicaCaptivate_x.xx.fw file to the System folder on an SD Card and insert into GS18T (micro SD card for GS14 and GS16)
- Connect to CS20 as normal and go to Windows by selecting and holding the Fn key and back arrow key down at the same time on the keyboard (the back arrow key is the 2nd key above the Fn key)
- From the Windows screen run the program Webserver (BT)
- Tap the User Menu icon then click on Load Firmware.
- Tick the boxes at the bottom labelled ".fw file on GS SD Card" and "I have read and agree to the legal agreement"
- Tick the GREEN + Load new firmware.
Firmware should now be loading and it will take about 10 minutes. Eventually, it will notify you to refresh the page and close down Webserver BT and go back to Captivate.
After a few more minutes the CS20 and GS18T should connect via Bluetooth but you will likely get a message saying incompatible firmware. This is fine.
GIVE THIS PLENTY OF TIME. DO NOT POWER DOWN OR CLOSE TOO SOON.
Loading Firmware to CS20
**Prior to starting: Make sure the battery is fully charged in the CS20**
- Copy the CS20LeicaCaptivate_x.xx.fw file into the system folder of an SD Card and insert into CS20. Make sure no other firmware files are in System folder.
- Go to Settings/Tools/Update software. The above file should be version x.xx.
- Tick the box labelled "You have read and agree to the legal agreement" then click OK. It will tell you that the process is going to take a number of minutes and that it may power up/down. Click "Yes".
- Now leave the CS20 for about 15 minutes. Once it has completed everything it will power back up to Captivate software. All settings and jobs will be retained and updated to this version.
Loading Firmware to TSXX
**Prior to starting: Make sure the battery is fully charged in the TS**
- Copy the TSxxMS60LeicaCaptivate_x.xx.fw file onto an SD Card system folder and insert into TS16. Make sure no other firmware files reside on the card.
- Turn TS16 on and then go to Settings/Tools/Update Software. The above file should be shown.
- Tick the box labelled "You have read the legal agreement" then click "OK". It will tell you that the process is going to take a number of minutes and that it may power up/down. Click "Yes".
- Leave the TS16 for about 15 minutes and it will eventually boot up back into Captivate.